General ManagerBack to Careers
SREE Hotels is seeking an experienced, motivated General Manager to lead our team at the Courtyard by Marriott - Lake Norman hotel in Huntersville, NC.
ABOUT SREE HOTELS LLC
As one of the fastest-growing property management groups in the Southeast, SREE Hotels LLC offers our associates unparalleled opportunities for advancement in the Hospitality Industry. The Company currently owns and operates 20 brand name hotels in popular markets like Charlotte, Raleigh, Columbia, Charleston, Cincinnati and Washington and we are expanding. Our portfolio includes well-respected brands like Marriott, Hilton, Starwood & IHG. Our Corporate Office is centrally located in the beautiful Ballantyne area of Charlotte, NC.
In this position, the General Manager will oversee all aspects of hotel operations effectively, ensuring proper training of staff, compliance to brand standards, promoting high guest satisfaction and profitability.
1) Interview, hire and train qualified staff members who are able to meet the highest levels of guest service requirements.
2) Provide vision for the staff by promoting company and brand standards.
3) Schedule staff for appropriate levels of service that drive guest satisfaction yet maintain profitability.
4) Coach and mentor staff to facilitate high associate satisfaction.
5) Process daily deposits and make collection calls to customers with direct billing approval.
6) Identify and take action to drive incremental revenue during high demand times through effective yield management.
7) Conduct daily/weekly inspections of the entire facility to ensure cleanliness, maintenance and safety issues are addressed timely and effectively.
8) Review daily audit reports for accuracy and investigation of any irregularities.
9) Provide feedback to staff during staff meetings about a) guest survey scores, b) associate survey scores, c) financial goals/budgets, and d) operational issues to facilitate associate understanding and buy-in toward areas in need of improvement.
10) Serve as a role model for staff and co-workers and maintain a positive work environment where employees are encouraged to discuss matters of concern openly and honestly with any member of management.
11) Demonstrate flexibility in working hours and responsibilities by showing a willingness to serve in any department or capacity as needed due to changing schedule requirements.
12) Adapt to and appropriately address changing priorities in a fast paced environment.
13) Use effective interpersonal skills to build rapport with staff and guests and resolve problems quickly and appropriately.
Minimum 3 years hotel management experience preferably in a limited service hotel
· Associates degree in Hospitality, Business or related field; or equivalent combination of education & experience; Bachelors degree preferred
· Understanding of hotel operations and administration including: brand standards, food & beverage, human resources, budgeting and forecasting, P&L and safety
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong organization, planning, and attention to detail skills
· Proven ability to recruit, motivate and train staff
· Ability to take direction from and work directly with ownership
· Proficient in Microsoft products
· Marriott Brand experience strongly preferred
EOE - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
*Relocation not provided